THEN I M TRYING TO DEFINE WHAT IS COORDINATION-IT IS THE SYSTEMATICAL ARRANGEMENT OF PLANNING , ORGANIZING, STAFFING, DIRECTING AND CONTROLLING.
COORDINATION IS THE ARRANGEMENT OF MANAGEMENT FUNCTION. COORDINATION IS THE LIFE LINE OF MANAGEMENT. MANAGEMENT IS THE COORDINATION BETWEEN PLANNING, ORGANIZING, STAFFING, DIRECTING AND CONTROLLING. It is a hidden force which binds all the other functions of management.
Co-ordination is an integral element or ingredient of all the managerial functions as discussed below: -
- Co-ordination through Planning - Planning facilitates co-ordination by integrating the various plans through mutual discussion, exchange of ideas. e.g. - co-ordination between finance budget and purchases budget.
- Co-ordination through Organizing - Mooney considers co-ordination as the very essence of organizing. In fact when a manager groups and assigns various activities to subordinates, and when he creates department's co-ordination uppermost in his mind.
- Co-ordination through Staffing - A manager should bear in mind that the right no. of personnel in various positions with right type of education and skills are taken which will ensure right men on the right job.
- Co-ordination through Directing - The purpose of giving orders, instructions & guidance to the subordinates is served only when there is a harmony between superiors & subordinates.
- Co-ordination through Controlling - Manager ensures that there should be co-ordination between actual performance & standard performance to achieve organizational goals.